Easter is the best season for crafting! Filled with bright colours, treasure hunts, adorable animals and sweets, there are endless possibilities for how you can celebrate the season. These crafts are perfect for anyone with ten fingers and a keen sense for fun.
Easter egg footpath chalk
- Plaster of Paris
- Food colouring or tempera powdered paint (you can find this at Oxlades or Officeworks)
- Silicon mould (choose any shape!)
- Bowls and spoons
Mix together two tablespoons of water and three tablespoons of plaster powder.
Add half a teaspoon of tempera paint or 6-8 drops of food colouring to the mixture.
Stir well, adding a drop of water as needed if the mixture is too dry.
It should be a little thicker than custard.
Pour your mixture into the silicone mould, making sure not to leave any gaps.
After 12 hours, your chalk is ready to play with!
- 1 bag of pretzels, lightly broken up
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 3-4 pieces of toffee confectionary
- ½ cups of nuts (optional)
- Any egg or treat you would like to sit in the nest
Pour the pretzels into a large bowl.
Melt the chocolate and toffee together. Pour this mixture over the pretzels and stir until well coated.
Dollop the mixture into a muffin tin and push a dent into the middle with a spoon.
Refrigerate for roughly twenty minutes.
You can make these as big or as small as you like! For one big nest, pour the mixture into a large, slightly oiled, glass bowl and push up the sides to form a nest.
Refrigerate as usual.
- Paint leftover egg cartons with swirls, polka dots, stripes and stars with bright pastels to hold your egg hunt treasures.
- Instead of glitter, use a hole punch to punch out shapes in the fallen leaves in the garden to make a beautiful pile of nature-friendly confetti. You can fill painted eggs with this.
- Use a stencil to paint recycled jars leaving clear shapes of different cute animals. You can either fill the jars with treats, tea light or fairy lights for a night light.
- Paint old flowers or ones that are dropping in the vase to decorate Easter cards.