This Greek Lamb Shoulder is melt-in-your-mouth delicious! Enjoy it on a warm day with a light green salad or cook it up on a Sunday night and you’ll be stocked with leftovers for the week.
Serves: 6 Prep: 00:20 Cook: 05:00
1.6 kg lamb shoulder (boneless) (shoulder, bone-in)
4 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon oregano
2 tablespoons olive oil (extra virgin)
INGREDIENTS FOR GREEK SALAD
1/2 onion (red) finely sliced
50 g olives (kalamata) pips removed
1 capsicum (green)
50 g Dodoni feta cheese
1/2 tablespoon oregano (dried)
1 teaspoon olive oil (extra virgin)
INGREDIENTS FOR CARROT TZATZIKI
80 g yoghurt (greek)
1 carrot(s) grated
1 lemon(s) juice and zest
1 pinch smoked paprika
1. Preheat oven to 160°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3.
2. Place the lamb shoulder into a roasting dish and cover with garlic, lemon, oregano and olive oil. Massage the ingredients into the lamb shoulder (if you have time, cover and allow to marinate for 2 hours, or overnight for best flavour).
3. Cover roasting dish in foil and place into the oven. Cook for 5 hours.
4. In the last 20–30 minutes of cooking time, prepare your Greek Salad and Carrot Tzatziki.
5. For the Greek Salad, combine tomato, cucumber, onion, olives, capsicum and feta. Toss over the oregano and a drizzle of olive oil.
6. For Carrot Tzatziki, combine all ingredients into a small container. Set aside for serving.
7. Once the lamb has cooked, remove from the oven and shred apart using a fork. Separate meat into six serves and divide up the salad and tzatziki.
Energy Calories Protein Fibre Fat Saturated Fat Carbs Sugar
2820.8kj 674.8cal 83.5g 4.2g 34.2g 12.5g 5.2g 4.4g
EF NF GF G