While we’re nowhere near winter just yet, a hearty pasta bake is always a crowd favourite in the autumn months. The addition of pumpkin and feta is a little different, but still a delicious treat.
You will need..
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 medium brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
– 150g shortcut bacon rashers, thinly sliced
– 250g dried large spiral pasta
– 535g can creamy pumpkin soup
– 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
– 100g feta, crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and bacon. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened and bacon is crisp.
2. Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until just tender. Drain. Combine onion mixture and pumpkin soup in a large bowl. Stir in pasta. Season with pepper.
3. Lightly grease a 6-cup capacity ovenproof dish. Add tomatoes to pasta mixture. Stir to combine. Spoon into prepared dish. Sprinkle with feta. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden. Serve and enjoy!