Summery Steak and Pineapple Tacos
Everybody loves tacos, but the addition of pineapple makes this recipe extra summery.
For the Steak:
• 500g Skirt Steak
• 1/4 Cup Fresh Lime Juice
• 1/4 Cup Canola Oil
• 2 Tbsp. Chili Powder
• 5 Finely Minced Cloves of Garlic
• 1 Tsp. Kosher Salt
• 1 Tsp. Black Pepper
• 1/4 Cup Chopped Coriander (optional)
• Finely Sliced Fresh Jalepeno (optional or use pickled here if preferred)
• Finely Sliced Red Onion
• Grilled Pineapple Slices
• Corn Tortillas
Note: Add or subtract whatever ingredients you want here. You could add a regular salsa as an extra too, if you like!
• Combine lime juice, oil, chilli powder, minced garlic, coriander, salt, pepper, and steak into a large plastic bag and let it marinate for at least two hours but up to overnight.
• Preheat grill to 260 degrees.
• Let marinated flank steak come to room temperature.
• Grill the steak on each side for 6-7 minutes for a medium steak with a little pink on the inside. Simply adjust the time based on how you like your steak prepared.
• After you flip the steak, add fresh pineapple slices to the grill for about 2 minutes per side until just charred slightly.
• Remove pineapple and steak and let the meat rest for five minutes.
• While the meat is resting, grill your tortillas for a minute per side until they are just charred or alternatively put them directly onto your gas burner on your stove and char on each side. (Make sure to watch tortillas closely as they will burn very easily.)
• To assemble, layer pineapple, avocado, flank steak, red onion, and jalepeno.
• Serve immediately.
Strawberry Probiotic Soda
Upset stomach from too much rich food? Try this special soda!
• 3 cups Water Kefir or Coconut Water Kefir (you can purchase this at Woolworths or Coles)
• 2 cups strawberries
• ¼ cup apple juice
• Add strawberries and apple juice to a blender and blend on high until liquified or pureed. Make sure there are no chunks.
• Add the water kefir and strawberry puree to a pitcher and mix well.
• Taste the strawberry water kefir. If it is too sour, add honey.
• Pour the strawberry soda into flip-top bottles or other bottle of choice and seal tightly.
• Place the bottles on the counter, out of direct sunlight for up to 24 hours to get bubbly.
• Place in the fridge and serve cold.
• NOTE: Don’t leave the soda out on the counter for more than 24 hours, because too much pressure can build up and cause a big mess when opened.