Apple pies are always a popular family dessert, particularly during Christmas and the holidays served with a generous helping of custard or vanilla ice-cream. However, making an apple pie can be a lot of effort – particularly in summer when it’s far too hot to be slaving over a hot oven!
Enter the Apple Pie Popsicle – all the flavour, minus the heat. The best part about this recipe? It’s easy enough for the kids to help you out with on those hot summer days.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Freezing time: 6-8 hours
You will need..
– 2 cups whole milk (or a dairy-free milk, if desired)
– 1 can apple pie pieces (do not drain)
– 1/4 cup apple sauce
– 1/2 to 3/4 cup apple cider (add more or less to taste)
– 1 cup Biscoff cookies crushed up (sometimes called ‘coffee’ biscuits in supermarkets)
1. Mix all of the ingredients except for the Biscoff cookies in a medium bowl and stir to combine.
2. Spoon mixture into each popsicle mold until it’s almost to the top.
3. Top each mold with 1/4-1/2 inch of the biscoff cookies, and press them down slightly to make sure it is bonded to the filling.
4. Freeze for at least 3 hours, preferably 6-8 hours.
5. (Optional) After the popsicles are frozen, why not have some fun with some added toppings?
You could roll them in more Biscoff cookie crumbs, drizzle salted caramel sauce over the top or dust over some cinnamon sugar.
The options are endless! If that’s not your style, just enjoy them as is.