Want the comfort of pasta, without the guilt? Pesto Chicken Zoodles are a fun alternative that won’t leave you hungry.
For the zoodles:
– 3-4 medium zucchini made into zoodles with a julienne peeler or spiralizer
– Sea Salt
For the pesto:
– 3 cups packed basil leaves
– 4 garlic cloves
– ¼ cup walnuts or pine nuts
– ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
– ½ teaspoon sea salt
– ¼ teaspoon black pepper
– 1 tablespoon coconut oil
– 450g boneless, skinless chicken
– ½ bunch asparagus cut into 1” pieces, tough ends removed
– 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes
– ¼ cup pine nuts
– sea salt and pepper, to taste
Place your zoodles on paper towels and salt them. Set aside for at least 20 minutes to drain them of their excess moisture.
To make the pesto, add all the pesto ingredients to your food processor and pulse until well combined. Set aside for the time being.
Heat the coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat. Once the oil has melted, add the chicken to the pan. Sauté until the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Add the asparagus to the pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until the asparagus starts to soften.
While the asparagus is cooking, gently squeeze the salted zoodles between dry paper towels, or a clean dishrag, to remove the last remainder of moisture.
Turn down the heat of the pan to medium-low, and add the zoodles to the pan. Stir well.
Once the zoodles are warm, turn the heat off and add the pesto sauce, sun dried tomatoes, and pine nuts to the pan and stir until combined.
Serve up and enjoy this alternative to carb-heavy pasta!